Approved November 30, 2016
- Storage units for parking stalls must be approved by the Board in advance of installation.
- Application to the Board for a parking stall storage unit must be done in writing and signed by the applicant. The application must clearly state that the applicant has read and understands the current Parking Stalls Storage Unit Policy. Click here to download an application form: Parking Stall Storage Unit Application Form
- A storage unit approved by the Board is the property of the unit owner and may only remain in place after sale or rental of the condominium unit if the new owner or resident meets and is in compliance with all the requirements outlined in this policy.
- Purchase and installation of an approved storage unit is at the owners’ expense.
- Security of a storage unit and its contents are the responsibility of the owner.
- Damages to a storage unit or its contents during parkade cleaning or maintenance are the responsibility of the owner.
- It is the owner’s responsibility to access and use a storage unit in a manner that prevents damage to adjacent vehicles or property.
- Placement and installation method must be overseen and accepted by the Chanticleer property manager.
- A storage unit plus vehicle must not exceed the allocated parking space*. The outer edge of the pillars at the traffic end of the parking space constitute the limit of the parking space.
- Storage units and contents must comply with all fire and safety regulations for the parkade and building.
- A storage unit in the parkade is subject to fire and safety inspection by management.
- Refusal to comply with the above will result in removal of the unit at the owners’expense.
Considerations to determine suitability of a storage unit:
- Non-flammable material
- Enclosed and lockable
- Clearance for occasional water from melting, plumbing leaks and heavy rains
- Complies with size requirement in policy, above
*City by-laws require a 7 meter aisle for turning into a parking spot when access is at 90 degrees.