The Chanticleer provides bike parking in our parking garage. However security is relative to the attention paid by all residents.
What can you do to help?
- Only admit your own guests and people you recognize into the building.
- Ensure exterior doors close behind you, including the garage door.
- Immediately report any problems with doors or building lighting to our property manager.
BIKE OWNERS: make our building less appealing to thieves
- “Unlocked bikes are an invitation to thieves, and they talk to each other.” Edmonton Police Service member who investigated out last thefts.
- Even if you have an old or cheap bike, lock it up, using u-bolt or carbon or heavy chain locks (not cable locks, which are easy to cut).
- Register your bikes with BikeIndex.org. Registration is free. Even if a bike is not especially expensive, if it is stolen Bike Index registration can ensure it is recovered, and can help the police prosecute a thief.
Read this CTV news article for more information.