- To promote clear communication between the Board, Management, Owners and Residents.
- To reduce expenses, frustration, delays and conflict.
- To provide consistent approaches to management issues.
- To encourage a pleasant, neighbourly community at The Chanticleer.
It is the duty of all unit owners to be aware of, and respect, the bylaws of the corporation. Owners with renters or guests are responsible for the conduct of their renters and guests.
It is the duty of the Board to ensure corporation bylaws are enforced in a manner that is timely and equitable. The Board may delegate this responsibility, or portions thereof, to the Property Manager.
- Please familiarize yourself with the current policies and procedures, listed below.
- Concerns and suggestions for changes can be sent to the Board via Box 41 or to Management.
Maintenance, Repairs & Renovations
The corporation is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all common property, including common property designated as exclusive use, such as balconies.
Common property includes:
- Everything beyond the drywall and below the flooring
- Windows and exterior doors
- The heating system
No alterations or repairs to common property may be made without the approval of the Board. Since any alteration in a unit has the potential to affect common property, it is in everyone’s best interest to advise the Board, via the property manager, of any planned repairs or alterations. For example, plumbing, electrical and flooring are connected to, and may affect, common property. The exception would be when the alteration is strictly decorative, such as painting the walls.
The purpose of this consultation is NOT to limit any planned renovations but to protect unit owners from unnecessary costs, delays and problems.
Policies and Procedures:
- Artwork in Common Areas
- Balcony and Parking Stall Storage, Garbage and Clutter
- Bicycle Parking Policy
- Board Meeting Attendance Policy
- Lock Boxes
- Maintenance, Repairs and Renovations
- Move In/Out Policy
- Parking Stalls Rental Policy
- Parking Stall Storage Unit Policy
- Pest Control Policy
- Pets in the Chanticleer: Resident & Visiting
- Rental Unit Security Deposit Policy