If at any time you should find yourself stuck in the elevator, please follow the following procedures:
- Use the telephone in the box in the elevator to contact the elevator repair service. It is a direct line, no dialling required.
- The repair service will dispatch someone who can open the door.
- Ask the operator about the expected time of arrival.
- Call back if they seem to be taking too long. Check on the ETA. Talk to the operator if you are anxious or highly stressed by the situation.
- If you are having medical difficulties call 911.
- If you are not having a medical emergency, please wait for the elevator repair person to arrive.
- DO NOT try to force the door, even if it is partially open.
- DO NOT encourage people outside the elevator to force the door. This can result in damage to the door and possible injury. If the door needs to be forced before the elevator repair person arrives, let emergency services do it. They have the equipment and training and will arrive quickly if called.
If you hear someone calling for help from the elevator:
- Determine if they are having a medical emergency and call 911 if they haven’t done so.
- Determine whether they have contacted the elevator company using the phone in the elevator.
- Stay and keep them company until help arrives.
- If you are unable to stay, find someone who can.
Finally, Ted is looking into getting a fold up chair that will be attached to the elevator wall to assist those who cannot easily sit on the floor while waiting for help. This will be installed as soon as possible.
Afterward, please report any elevator problems to our management company to ensure they are aware of the issues and can follow up.